Saturday, July 23, 2011

Katong Park

Reflexology Walk
Hi!  It's me again!  Lucy Blue!  It's about time that I told you about my new favorite place, Katong Park.  This is where I go to pee and poop and walk and play with my ball and hook up with new buddies.  It's probably about a 20- to 30-acre park right next door to where we live, with big shady trees, a small playground, a reflexology walk and a dog run, where I can go off-leash and see buddies (although I'm often off-leash in the main part of the Park, playing ball).  Everyone else does it, and no one seems to mind.


Dog run area
The Park has been around since the 1930s, and reached its "heyday" after WWII. During the war, it was used as a place to repair airplane engines for the Japanese.  Before it became a park, a fort was located there (1879 - 1901), Fort Tanjong Katong - there is a small fenced-off area where you can see an excavated portion of the fort's foundation.  My ball went in there once.... thought we were going to get in trouble!  There's a picture of the Park's big beach house - ha!  No beachfront here anymore, due to landfill!  Well, better go now - time to go to the Park!  Yippee!!!

No comments: